Back-to-school tips for curly-haired kids
Back-to-school tips for curly kids!
Is your curly child going back to school? Here are some tips to transition from pool to school!
- If you answer yes to either question below, partner with a curl specialist to detox your curly child’s hair from oil, dirt, and product buildup!
- did your curly child wear braids or twists this summer?
- did your curly child take swimming lessons or splash in a pool?
- If you answer yes to any of the questions below, it’s time to get those unruly ends trimmed to maintain your kid’s curly tresses!
- does detangling your curly child’s hair take a long time?
- does your curly child’s hair tangle immediately after you just finished detangling?
- has it been more than 3-4 months since your curly child’s last trim?
- It’s a good idea to switch up hairstyles and change the direction of hair parts often. Why?
- new looks are exciting
- prevents hair from falling in the same direction, thereby allowing curly roots to breath and preventing breakage and traction alopecia, especially along the hairline
- Put curls into loose ponytails with a silk scrunchie. Why?
- reduces tension your hair and edges/hairline
- silk scrunchies are gentle on your hair
- prevents breakage/creases!
Authors: @haircanvas and @ayocathy1